Friday, March 22, 2013

that's amore


When the moon hits your eye
Like a big-a pizza pie
That's amore
When the world seems to shine
Like you've had too much wine
That's amore

Okay, let it be said out loud ... I have a sort of OCD when it comes to presents ...  no understatement at all. I drive myself crazy trying to find things I think are perfect.  So it follows that I went on the hunt for a shower gift and wedding gifts for my oldest nieces quickly approaching nuptials. 

The lucky young couple are going to honeymoon on the Amalfi Coast in Italy so I had to grab up this hand painted ceramic dish from Italy, in my nieces wedding color of dark blue for a bridal shower gift. And that of course led to my realization that I should get Italian wrapping paper! 

And here's where things went wrong, for some reason I thought I had to buy material too ... not sure why at this point hahahhahaha.  But it seemed like the thing to do at the time. So I looked for cottons with navy blue ... nuh uh, nothing nada zip zilch.  But I found these really pretty fabrics that I thought at the time, the darkest blues in them, would be okay.  And of course like an even bigger nincompoop, I had to get the Fat Quarter pack.  What is wrong with me?!

Well they arrived the same day as the gorgeous paper and no way in you-know-what, do they go together or look in the least bit Italian. One batch is English chintzy and the other French toile-y. WAH! 



So the search is back on ... perhaps for another something Italian for my nieces bridal shower gift? 
 

Perhaps my niece will place sea shells they found on the beach on their honeymoon in the little heart shaped plate I got her.  Because that's amore ...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely blue bird dish and Best wishes for the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete